Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Night...

Well, it's Saturday night and I'm sitting in my living room with my hubby, watching COPS and listening to the crackle of the fireplace. I love that sound. It reminds me of my favorite time of the year; October thru the first day we hit the 70 degree mark. This is a nice treat to be able to have a fire going in March. Most people around where I live don't enjoy the cold weather. In fact, most of them whine if it gets below 40. I, on the other hand, love it. I don't know why. I've lived in North Texas my entire life, but I'd take the cold over the heat any day. Maybe it's because I spent so much time in other parts of the country growing up. My dad drove truck for a living and all of my family aside from my parents live mostly in West Virginia. I don't know what the deal is. I just know that I detest the heat!
Thanks to my good friend, Rho, I've recently discovered Pioneer Woman. Her site is addicting. I want to cook everything that I see on it. I love the way she takes pictures of EVERY step of a recipe. I found her cookbook at Target this evening, but it cost way more than I am willing to pay for it. E was nice enough to look it up on amazon for me and found it for almost 15 dollars less. I think I'll be ordering it. (if he hasn't already)
One of my friends suggested that I pull a "Julie & Julia" and cook something of hers every day (or close to it) for the next year. I know right now I am not disciplined enough to cook every day for the next year. BUT...I do love to cook. Maybe two recipes a week? Who knows? I was totally inspired when watching Julie & Julia...maybe I could do that too?! I have no desire to become a famous blogger and have a movie made about me, but I do like seeing people break out of their comfort zone and try new things. Who knows...maybe I could inspire someone to try cooking on a regular basis that doesn't like too cook at all?! In all likely hood it would just end up a record of a years worth of cooking that two or three people check out here and there. Hmmmm...what do you think, Rho?

No comments:

Post a Comment