Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday...

Our Sunday was uneventful. This was a good thing.

We had a pretty rough day yesterday with Syd. When she was much younger, she used to have these fits where she would tense up, scratch, growl...they were horrible fits. She's had two of these in the last month. One was last night. It would be an understatement if I said she was stronger now. She is WAY stronger now. When she was just a baby in the hospital, one of her doctors told us that she could have several things go on as she got older. They said she'd probably break bones easily. They were wrong. So far, she's had no problems with that. They said she'd be on oxygen and monitors for months if not years. They were wrong again. She came home free and clear of both oxygen tanks and monitors. They said she could have behavior problems. Ugh. They said she'd possibly end up with something like ADD or ADHD. Let me tell you...I'm beginning to wonder. They never mentioned anything about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'm beginning to wonder about that a little as well. This is the single sweetest, most innocent child that you'd ever want to meet, but you have to tread very lightly with her. Any little thing can make her take a down hill turn.

My constant prayer for her is that she just have good days at school. I can handle anything at home if she just has good days at school. Her folder this last month has been written in more times than not though. I feel so bad for her every day she comes home and has to be in trouble for something that happened at school. I think some of the times they tend to be easier on her at school because they hate seeing her get in trouble. She has fantastic teachers that love her dearly and that have on more than one occasion told me that she's done something wrong but they just couldn't bare to be mad at her or couldn't stand the thought of 'turning her in' to the higher ups. This makes me happy, but I also don't want her getting away with anything she shouldn't. She's been held more accountable this year though...hence all the black in in her folder. I have a feeling we'll need to speak to someone professionally about her behavior if it doesn't get better. She's normally a happy girl. I want her to stay that way.

On to today...
We went to the inlaws (well, my inlaws) today to celebrate my husband's and my father in laws dad's birthday. Syd did good at church, so I kept my fingers crossed that it would continue the rest of the day. Thank you, Jesus, it did. She was perfectly fine all day long. Again...I am terribly thankful for this. We had a good day, eating, laughing and visiting with Eric's mom and our extended family. After we got home, we (the girls) had showers with out getting mad at each other and all got in bed with out any conflict. A fine way to end the day.

1 comment:

  1. just think--God chose YOU specifically to be sydney's mother! no one else on earth can love her and mother her like you can. :0) love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete